We have an internal team providing a professional, efficient and flexible cleaning and housekeeping service to all Wards and Departments.
- Cleaning of all wards, departments and offices including isolation and patient vacate cleaning.
- Collection and disposal of all rubbish including clinical waste.
- Replenish all disposable items i.e. soap, towels etc.
- Provide 24-hour emergency cleaning service.
- Removal and re-hanging of curtains.
- Report vermin infestation to pest control officer.
- Cleaning and inspections to be in accordance with NHS Estates standards for Cleaner Hospitals Initiative.
- Cleaning to comply with Infection Control and Health & Safety directives.
- Cleaning to be carried out in a manner, which minimises disruption to the function of the hospital, its patients, staff and visitors.
To find out more, we have the following Trust policies:
- Decontamination Policy
- Management of Healthcare Waste
- Operational Cleaning Plan
- Strategic Cleaning Plan