Fit and Proper Person's Test
Board members are subject to the Fit and Proper Person’s Test. They are not eligible to become or continue as a Board member if they are a person who:
- has been adjudged bankrupt or whose estate has been sequestrated and (in either case) has not been discharged;
- a moratorium period under a debt relief order applies (under Part 7A of the Insolvency Act 1986).
- has made a composition or arrangement with, or granted a trust deed for, his creditors and has not been discharged in respect of it;
- within the preceding five years has been convicted in the British Islands of any offence if a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of not less than three months (without the option of a fine) was imposed on him;
- has previously been or who is currently the subject of a sex offender order (under the Sexual Offences Act 2003) and/or is required to register under the sex offender register (established under the Sexual Offences Act 2003); and/or have committed a sexual offence prior to the requirements to register under current legislation coming into force;
- is incapable by reason of mental disorder, injury or illness of managing and administering his or her property and affairs;
- has been disqualified from being a member of a relevant authority under the provisions of the Local Government Act 1972;
- on the basis of disclosures obtained through an application to the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”), is considered unsuitable by the trust's executive director responsible for human resources;
- within the preceding two years has been dismissed, otherwise than by reason of redundancy, or ill health from any paid employment with the trust or with a health service body;
- tenure of office as the chair or as a member or director of a health service body has been terminated on the grounds that his appointment is not in the interests of the health service, or for non-attendance at meetings, or for non-disclosure of a pecuniary interest;
- a medical practitioner that has been disqualified from any list prepared under the National Health Service (Performers Lists) (England) Regulations 2013/335, and has not subsequently had his name included in such a list; or
- is any other health or social care practitioner whose professional and/or other registrations appropriate to his practice and specialty have been suspended, disqualified, revoked or removed in any manner or he has otherwise failed to maintain or lost his registration for any disciplinary breaches or pursuant to any other proceedings and such registration has not been subsequently reinstated.
|CLICK HERE TO APPLY|