- Last Updated: Monday, 03 September 2018 09:59
When you are ready to leave hospital we will ask you to vacate your bed and move to the pleasant relaxing environment of the Discharge Lounge.
Located within the Duchess of Kent Wing and managed by a staff of five it is fully equipped to ensure your comfort and has easy access for your visitors/relatives when they come to collect you.
The Discharge Team will come to visit you on the ward the day before your discharge to explain what will happen to you whilst you are in the lounge.
The lounge staff will provide:
- Any medications you require to take home with you. These will be explained to you by a trained member of the team.
- A relaxing environment with comfortable seating, television and magazines.
- Meals and Refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
- Times of opening 08.00 – 21.00 hours (St. Peter’s Hospital).
- Direct Telephone Line: - 01932 722933. We will contact your family/carer when you are ready to leave.
The discharge lounge nurse will be able to assist you with:
- Wound care and advice on further treatment.
- Meals on wheels provided in the community.
- Advice to your GP, prior to you leaving us, including follow-up appointments if required.
- Transport, should you have a medical need.
- Any support you in all matters relating to your discharge.
We are on level 3 of the main hospital building close to the Urology Centre and the Heron Ward annexe.
Follow the main corridor from the Duchess of Kent entrance or the top of the escalators and take the side corridor opposite the Intensive Care unit. You will see black and white animal photos on the walls. We are around the corner on the right.