Ashford and St. Peter's pledges to be a Veterans Aware Trust.
For accreditation we will:
- provide leaflets and posters to veterans and their families explaining what to expect
- train relevant staff to be aware of veterans’ needs and the commitments of the NHS under the Armed Forces Covenant
- inform staff if a veteran or their GP has told the hospital they have served in the armed forces
- ensure that members of the armed forces community do not face disadvantage compared to other citizens when accessing NHS services
- signpost to extra services that might be provided to the armed forces community by a charity or service organisation in the trust
- look into what services are available in their locality, which patients would benefit from being referred to
Further information can be found here.