OCS is the external contractor providing a professional Staff and Patient Meal Service to St Peters and Ashford Hospitals.
- Provide an on ward patient meal and beverage service.
- Manage staff and visitor restaurants.
- Manage food and beverage vending machines located around the hospitals.
- Provide catering facilities for training and functions.
- Provide Ward Provisions including bread and milk.
- Provide a 24-hour Patient Snack Service.
- All patient meals to be in accordance with Nutritional Steering Group guidelines.
- All meals provided to be appetising and attractively served.
- All food provided to comply with Food Safety Regulations.
Cafes and Restaurants
We have launched new catering and retail services at Ashford and St. Peter’s hospitals, with some major improvements to patient food, and a wider range of food and goods available to visitors and staff.
The new food offer for outpatients and visitors includes an exciting range of portable items, with fresh juices, filled wraps, salad pots, paninis and baguettes. All our facilities offer fresh bean to cup coffee, a range of fruit and herbal teas and freshly produced food.
The Retreat Café in St. Peter’s main entrance is now open seven days a week.
Our vending machines offer a range of beverages, confectionery and ready meals. We hope you enjoy the new improved facilities and services, and make the most of our local area loyalty card offers.
For more details, please click here.
Patient Meal Plans
The patient menus are rotated on a fortnightly basis and you can view the lunch and supper meals on the following webpages. The information is correct as at April 2014.
Please choose from the menu when the trolley arrives, we will endeavour to give you your first choice. If you require a special diet and nothing is suitable on the normal menu please speak to a nurse or dietitian.